While looking at images of the world’s most impeccably dressed women is certainly the express lane to fashion inspiration, style is sometimes as much about intellectualization as it is about aesthetic appeal.
Style icons help to express yourself with clothes and find something that will make us an icon of style.
Bearing this in mind, we've rounded up the best quotes your favourite style icons have shared over the years to seriously inspired. Scroll down to read the 25 most inspiring fashion quotes from celebs of all time and share with your friends about your favourites!
1. "If you can’t be better than your competition, just dress better." — Anna Wintour
2. “When in doubt, wear red.” — Bill Blass
4. “The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world.” — Alicia Keys
10. “I don’t believe in fashion. I believe in costume. Life is too short to be same person every day.” — Stephanie Perkins
11. “I want everyone to wear what they want and mix it in their own way. That, to me, is what is modern.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
12. “I really would not call myself a fashion icon. I would call myself somebody who gets dressed by professionals…I would call me more of a monkey.” — Jennifer Lawrence
13. “People say, ‘What do you mean you want to help the world, but you’re so concerned about fashion?’ It’s illegal to be naked. It is something that is extremely important.” — Kanye West
15. “I wear my sort of clothes to save me the trouble of deciding which clothes to wear.” — Katherine Hepburn
16. “There was a photo of me with weird sunglasses on and a green sweatshirt, some striped thing, with tights and cowboy boots…I just saw that photo and thought, ‘God, I look crazy.’” — Mary-Kate Olsen
17. “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” ― Nicole Richie
20. "Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends." — Kate Spade
21. “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.” — Yves Saint Laurent Yves Saint Laurent in Paris, 1974
22. “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” — Sophia Loren Sophia Loren in Paris, 1960
24. 'To me, clothing is a form of self-expression - there are hints about who you are in what you wear.' — Marc Jacobs
SHARE WITH FRIENDS: